5 Wisconsin tech colleges up for Aspen Prize
January 23, 2014
From aspeninstitute.org: “2015 Eligible Community Colleges” — The Aspen Institute is pleased to name the following 150 community colleges eligible for the Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence. We recognize that there are many community colleges around the country that are employing innovative strategies and achieving excellent results for their students. The bar for the Aspen Prize is intentionally set high in order to identify those institutions that have demonstrated exceptional levels of student success.
In a comprehensive review of the publicly available data, these 150 two-year institutions—from 37 states—have demonstrated strong outcomes considering three areas of student success:
- student success in persistence, completion, and transfer;
- consistent improvement in outcomes over time; and
- equity in outcomes for students of all racial/ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds.
To ensure full representation of the range and diversity of the sector, adjustments were applied with respect to mission, size, and minority representation.
- Chippewa Valley Technical College Eau Claire, WI
- Lakeshore Technical College Cleveland, WI
- Moraine Park Technical College Fond du Lac, WI
- Northcentral Technical College Wausau, WI
- Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College Shell Lake, WI